Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Mice That Ruined My Dream

Chapter 5 First Blood

I only got three hours of sleep because at 6:00am I heard a door slam shut. Ten seconds later I hear I heard intense squeaking.

I ran down stairs and there in front of me was the mouse in the live trap. He ruined my billion dollar dream! He was about four inches long and had a mouthful of peanut butter. He had a fat, brown peanut butter filled body with a dash of black around his eyes. I shivered when I picked the box.

I went to the door, put on my boots and walked to the park. I looked at my watch 6:30am. I opened the door and saw the mouse run out.

I was so proud of my self so I skipped all the way back home. Iwas so happy and then "ding"

I ran to my computer. Two more mice appeared on camera, "what"! I got rid of one and now two more. I needed more traps.

I drove to the hardware store.There were no cars in the parking lot. The store was closed.

I drove back and climbed into my dusty attic, the only thing thing I could smell was mouse poop. The mice were gone

When I got back down I saw a patch of snow. I moved the snow and found a hole. There were also mouse tracks, lots of them. They were gathering wood, I could tell there was bark every ten centimetres.

I followed the tracks, they led to the woods. I took two steps in and they disappeared.

I walked back home. I got in the car and drove to the Home Depot.

I got two more types of live traps and a flashlight

I the drove to Wall Mart and got two jars of peanut butter.

I drove back home , climbed into my attic and set up the traps. When I climbed back down I heard a ding. I looked at my watch , I didn't set an alarm. It took me two hours to realise that it was the computer.

I went to the computer. In the picture this time the mouse was standing in the middle of the trap and was looking at the camera. The snap trap still did not work.

I felt like I was going crazy so I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment