Sunday, May 6, 2012

You Can’t Write a Poem About a Fish Swimming In a Toilet By Shelby


You Can’t Write a Poem About a Fish Swimming In a Toilet
When I woke up this morning                                                
something smelled like a pig,
I got up to go see,
In the kitchen first
and looked in the fridge,
nothing was there, but my old dry cheese,
I got to the living room,
there was only a T.V,
I ran to the bathroom
and had to go pee.
About to sit down,
I heard this weird noise.
It was clicking and clacking like tall high heels,
and then I looked back.
Behind me was a big, fat fish.
Now it smells like a big monkey kiss.
I screamed so loud,
like a drum being banged,
I tried to get it out
but, I dropped right away,
it felt scaly, slimy and very mushy.
So, how will I get the fish out?
I’ll get a rope and pull the big fat fish out,
I have to go find some rope in my messy house.
Finally I got some rope from the shelf,
I tied on the fish’s tail,
then, got a really good grip on the rope.
I pulled and pulled on the rope,
but, then the rope snapped.
Oh dear, I’ll have to go wake up mom,
so she can get the fish out.
I woke her up and she went to go see.
Can you guess what she said to me?
She was very surprised and didn’t know how.
But still, she got it out for me,
so I could go pee.
How did that fish get in there?
I guess that is the big mystery.

1 comment:

  1. Great Shelby lots of description and sensory images

    ReplyDelete