Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Just Another Day At The Barn


Just Another Day At The Barn

Today will be just the same as all the others

One more person to get ridden by

I’m in the stall again,

I hate the stall.

I start to whiney at a person walking by,

‘Okay Rowdy, I’ll take you out’

She says.

‘Yes, I’m going to the field now’

I’m thinking as she guides me out.

‘Tomorrow is a show and Kristen will be riding you’

She tells me.

‘Oh great’

I think

‘Now she’s going to make me all purdy for the judges’

She brushes my hair and braids it,

How I hate the braids.





Now I’m in the field roaming free

Before Kristen gets here to practice

I think I’ll sneak into the arena

For a little free time

Before I get ridden



‘Yeah, I’ll go get Rowdy to start riding’

I hear Kristen say as she arrives

She comes in to ride me and gets me saddled up

To ride me on

We practice for a while and then she goes home





Today is the show, I get some apples

                                                     Before we head off to the show,

We get to the show and Kristen gets ready to ride me

First we’re doing English Showmanship

And we have to show me off ‘cause I look good

We’re in front of the judges now and I’m holding in a big fart

‘C’mon keep it in Rowdy’

I think to myself

For the girl’s sake

‘I can’t hold it any longer.’

I think again

PFFFFFFFT!!!

I fart.





We end up getting a bronze and 3rd place

I feel so bad for Kristen getting a bronze

But, at least she got a medal

Some people didn’t get anything

I continue at the show for the day

And then we head back

‘Just another day at the barn’

I say to myself as I lay down in my tiny, cramped stall.

By Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment