Friday, May 4, 2012

You Can't Write A Poem About Ultimate Frisbee

You can't write a poem about Ultimate Frisbee
We start the games,
Get our checks
We run for it.
I get the disc
One throw gets up the field
Near the end zone,
I sprint up
Take a dive,
That's it, I scored!
Total points on that shift
3 for us
1 for them.
I'm off next shift
6-3 for us,
Now I'm back on,
This time we pull it.
They walk out calmly
One person grabs it,
Everyone else sprints
To the zone.
They throw a long bomb,
I dive to intercept,
And whack it
Out of the air.
I take the disc to the line
Toss it out,
A teammate catches and waits,
When we come
He throws it up,
I bolt faster than I ever have
I take a dive and grab it!
I'm still falling
I have a mouthful
Of grassy dirt and think
Could this taste any worse?
The game's almost done
It's 9-4
I see the disc coming,
A bright, orange circle,
Flying through the sky.
We can get one last point,
I receive it in the zone!
We win 10-4
Teams shake hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment