Thursday, May 17, 2012

Where I'm From

Where I'm From
I'm from Mike smiths lighting fast reflexes to save a puck
And Steve Nash's high jump as he takes a shot
That goes straight through the white mesh
From Collin Doyle getting a breakaway
And scoring a point for the Toronto Rock

I'm from Ringo Starr hitting his drums
In perfect order and key
To woo he crowd
As he plays you've got to hide your love away
At Shea Stadium

I'm from the loud engine
Of the cart going up the big drop on Behemoth
And the loud screams as we dive down the drop
From the people on the ground
Looking and laughing
At our petrified faces
In the park of Canada's Wonderland

I'm from the tropical sun
Burning my face
Until it's the shade of an old mango
From the Icy water
Landing on me
Making me sting all around
As someone jumps into the dip
From the exotic foods
That I am dying to try
On my expensive family vacations

I'm from all the memories
That that have thrilled me
And Left me hanging
Like an old photo album
That will never leave me

No comments:

Post a Comment